Health Services Administration
Internship in Dublin
The Health Services Administration Internship offers HADM majors the opportunity to intern at health care facilities in and around the Dublin area. The concepts of comparative health care systems management will be explored through a mix of on-site internships, discussions with upper-level managers of health care facilities, lectures, and meetings with local health officials. Additionally, students will have free time for individual exploration of local culture and entertainment.
Internship placements are guaranteed in Dublin at health care facilities through the EUSA Academic Internship Program. The program is a total of 8 weeks long, including one week of orientation and on-site interviews, seven weeks of internship experience, along with additional cultural activities. All work assignments are in the Dublin area.
- Health Services Administration major with 15 hours of completed HADM course work.
- 3.0 GPA
- Acceptance into the HADM Spruiell Scholars Program
- 28 May 2017: Depart US for Dublin, Ireland. Students must arrange to be in Dublin by 3:00 pm on May 29. Activities will include orientation and dorm assignments.
- 22 July 2017: Program ends.
Approximate Program Fees: $8,072 (please confirm with faculty director)
Includes 6 Credits PLUS:
- Orientation, Interviews, and Internship
- Walking and cultural tours of Dublin and reception social during orientation week
- 1 Day excursion to the West of Ireland
- Cultural exploration activities
- Airport Pick-up
- Access to University College Dublin campus facilities
- Overseas Health insurance**
- Auburn Abroad Fee**
** Required for all AU students for AU study abroad programs to cover emergency insurance for the program participant. This fee is billed separately on student’s Bursar Account.
Not Included (Must be provided by student):
- Airfare to Dublin and return
- Personal expenses and other travel or entertainment
Students live in private room student dormitories at University College Dublin, in easy walking distance to buses, taxis, parks and essential amenities. Each fully furnished dorm room has access kitchen with modern cooking facilities, high speed Ethernet connections, phone lines and basic weekly housekeeping.
Dublin, the cultural center and heart of Ireland, is a vibrant city well-known for its music, education, the arts, administration, economy, and industry. A trade center, city of poets, authors, musicians, cathedrals and traditions, Dublin is a capital city which attracts people originating from all corners of the globe. Straddling the Liffey River, it covers more square miles of elegant squares, green parks, museums, monuments, and elegant shopping streets than you could hope to explore in a lifetime.
PASSPORT AND VISA REQUIREMENTS
If you do not have a PASSPORT: Please check www.travel.state.gov for the nearest local passport office and forms. Auburn Abroad recommends that you apply for a passport as soon as possible. If you already have a passport: Please check the expiration date. Passports should be valid for at least 6 months following your scheduled time abroad.
There are no VISA requirements for students interning in Ireland
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact the Program Director with any program specific questions:
Dr. Rene McEldowney
Professor of Health Care Administration
Tel: (334) 844-6199