Liberal Arts CCE Internships in
Participate in the Auburn in Shanghai program during Fall or Spring semesters! China on the World Stage is a one-of-a-kind opportunity if you’re looking to experience first-hand the evolution of the second most important economy in the world.
Located at center-stage of China’s efforts to impact the global economy, the Shanghai Program will give you multiple opportunities to view the city through various lenses, including socio-cultural, economic, political, corporate, and technical.In the midst of this future-orientation, China remains steeped in ancient tradition and as a student you will discover ways in which its past is shaping its future. Truly, Shanghai is much more than meets the eye!
- Courses and internships in both English and Mandarin Chinese, with the option of an Intensive Language Track
- Accommodations in twin rooms in the East China Normal University dormitory
- A full day excursion to Suzhou including private transportation
- For full semesters, an overnight excursion to Hangzhou including private transportation and hotel accommodations
- For full semesters, a three day, two night visit to Beijing via high speed train including hotel accommodations and many excursions including the Great Wall, the Summer Palace, and the Forbidden City
- Participation in CAPA International Education's unique "My Education" program, offering free cultural events
- Pre-Departure and On-Site Support, Orientations, and Assistance
- Midterm formal dinner and departure ceremony
- Medical and travel Insurance provided
- A pre-paid metro card for travel around the city
- And more...
For more information visit the Auburn CLA-CCE Website.
Auburn Univeristy has partnered with CAPA International Education to provide this program. Check out the CAPA Study Abroad and Internships Experience video for an inside look at this international opportunity!
Fall Semester 2018
Dates Abroad: August 31 - December 15
- 25 June 2018: First half of Program Fee due to Bursar
- After 25 June: Withdrawal less 25% penalty + $250
- 27 July 2018: Second half of Program Fee due to Bursar
- After 27 July: Withdrawal less 50% penalty + $250
- 31 July 2018: No refund after this date
Spring Semester 2019
Dates Abroad: February 15 - June 1
- 5 Nov 2017: First half of Program Fee due to Bursar
- 12 Nov 2017:Withdrawal less 25% penalty + $250
- 19 Nov 2017:Withdrawal less 50% penalty + $250
- 3 Dec 2017: Second half of Program Fee due to Bursar
- 10 Dec 2017: No refund after this date
Students may also obtain approval to take courses that are not pre-approved. Refer to the list of courses on the Academics in Shanghai page, as well as the CourseListing.Shanghai.pdf, and contact the Auburn Faculty Director for current course offerings. Please note that this list does not guarantee exact credit equivalency until students complete the course approval form as part of their application.
PROGRAM COSTS AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
Program Cost: $13,750 per student for Spring semester. Students will also be charged the Auburn Abroad Fee of $677.
*Students will begin to be billed (through the Bursar) 70 days before the start of the program. This is regardless of the application status. Withdrawal from the program must occur before this date to not incur fees.*
- For information on scholarships available through the College of Liberal Arts, visit the CLA website.
- For information on scholarships available through CAPA, visit the CAPA website.
CAPA Cancellation Policy: Because of the nature of our study abroad program, we begin making payments for services on your behalf as soon as you enroll in one of our programs. We have established the following cancellation penalties outlines below in accordance with the penalties we would incur from our overseas partners should you cancel from a program. Please note that you may incur additional cancellation penalties from your Home Institution - and that the amounts outlined below only account for the penalties that you would incur on behalf of CAPA International Education:
- If you withdraw from a program between 70 days and 60 days before the start of the program, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: $250
- If you withdraw from a program between 59 days and 46 days before the start of the program, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: 25% of the program fees plus $250
- If you withdraw from a program between 45 days and 22 days before the start of the program, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: 50% of the program fees plus $250
- If you withdraw from a program from 21 days before the start of the program onward, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: 100% of the program fees"
With over 4,000 years of continuous history, China has one of the fastest growing world economies to date. With sites such as the Tarracotta Warriors and the Great Wall to the Himalayas and the Giant Panda Bears, there are many sites and sounds to be had within this grand country. With high-speed rail systems and extensive freeway systems similar to the US Interstate system, it is not hard to travel where your heart desires in China. The climate ranges from Temperate to sub-tropical depending upon the region visited and reach region has a beauty and expression all to itself. Come explore this amazing place!
PASSPORT AND VISA REQUIREMENTS
If you do not have a PASSPORT: Please check www.travel.state.gov for the nearest local passport office and forms. Application for a United States passport should be made at least 120 days in advance of your departure date. Auburn Abroad recommends that you apply for a passport as soon as you know you are participating in the program. If you already have a passport: Please check the expiration date. Passports should be valid for at least 6 months following your scheduled time abroad.
- U.S. Citizens will need a visa to enter China
- Non-U.S. Citizens should verify visa requirements
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Dr. Giovanna Summerfield, Associate Dean for Educational Affairs
Office: 315A Tichenor Hall, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 334-844-2890