Health Services Administration
Internship in Sydney
The Health Services Administration Internship offers HADM majors the opportunity to intern at health care facilities in and around the Sydney area. The concepts of comparative health care systems management will be explored through a mix of on-site internships, discussions with upper-level managers of health care facilities, lectures, and meetings with local health officials. Additionally, students will have free time for individual exploration of local culture and entertainment.
Internship placements are guaranteed in Sydney at health care facilities through the CAPA Academic Internship Program. The program is a total of 8 weeks long, including one week of orientation and on-site interviews, seven weeks of internship experience, along with additional cultural activities. All work assignments are in the Sydney area.
- Health Services Administration major with 15 hours of completed HADM course work.
- 3.0 GPA
- Acceptance into the HADM Spruiell Scholars Program
- 24 May 2017: Depart US for Sydney, Australia. Students must arrange to be in Sydney by 3:00 pm on May 24. Activities will include orientation and dorm assignments.
- 8 July 2017: Program ends.
- 8 July 2017: Preferred flight back to U.S.
Approximate Program Fees: $10,000 (Maximum, but might be lower pending final budget).
Includes 6 Credits PLUS:
- Orientation, Interviews, and Internship
- Walking and cultural tours of Sydney and reception social during orientation week
- 2 excursions to Australian wilderness and wildlife areas
- Cultural exploration activities
- Overseas Health insurance**
- Auburn Abroad Fee**
** Required for all AU students for AU study abroad programs to cover emergency insurance for the program participant. This fee is billed separately on student’s Bursar Account.
Not Included (must be provided by student):
- Airfare to Sydney and return
- Personal expenses and other travel or entertainment
Students live in semi-preivate room apartments in Sydney. The apartments are in easy walking distance to buses, taxis, parks, and essential amenities. Each fully furnished apartment has access to a kitchen with modern cooking facilities, TV, linens, and on-site laundry room facilities.
PASSPORT AND VISA REQUIREMENTS
If you do not have a PASSPORT: Please check www.travel.state.gov for the nearest local passport office and forms. Auburn Abroad recommends that you apply for a passport as soon as possible. If you already have a passport: Please check the expiration date. Passports should be valid for at least 6 months following your scheduled time abroad.
- Students will be informed of any visa regulations through CAPA.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact the Program Director with any program specific questions:
Dr. Rene McEldowney
Professor of Health Care Administration
Tel: (334) 844-6199