Graphic Design in Ireland
Graphic Design students will be part of a ten to twelve day excursion to Dublin, Ireland. The students will make several trips outside of Dublin city. Students will document the Industrial Design students and their involvement in the “Special Topics in Design Traveling Studio Abroad 2016” in Dublin, Ireland. The course will revolve around actual photography, print design and/or web design developed from your personal experience while in Dublin, Ireland.
Participants should be able to navigate bus and train transportation, extensive walking, and stairs.
Graphic Design majors only.
The program is open to any fourth semester GDES major first and then to other industrial design students, if space is available. The maximum number of students is 20 and the minimum GPA requirement is 2.25. If the maximum number is not filled we will consider students with a GPA less than 2.50 – this will be based on the Ireland Committee approval.
The Prerequisite courses for this program are GDES 2210 and GDES 2220.
- 08 Jan 2020: Date course begins
- 07 Mar 2020: Date of group travel to Ireland
- 18 Mar 2020: Date of group return travel to the USA
- 01 May 2020: Date course and examinations end
GDES 4970: Special Topics in Design - Ireland - 4 credits
Visit the course website: http://www.auburn.edu/~heckdon/gdes4970.html.
The estimated program cost is $2790. Approximations are below.
The cost will be billed to each student’s Bursar account (eBill) in three installments:
Estimated Costs Breakdown:
- Airline Flight – round trip approximately $1350
- Accommodations (Breakfast) $660
- Travel/Tours/Museums $400
- Contingency $400
- Estimated Total $2790
The schedule for payments is as follows:
The first installment would be processed in November and due in December.
The second installment would be processed in December and due in January.
The third installment would be processed in January and due in February.
Graphic Design students live in various hostels throughout Ireland, in multiple-bed dormitory rooms with shared modern bathrooms.
Throughout the program, field trips may be made to several of the following major historical and artistic centers.
- All of Dublin
- Dublin Castle, Dublin, Ireland
- Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland
- Cliffs of Moher
- The Burren College of Art, The Burren, Ireland
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Dublin, Ireland
- Dublin’s National Print Museum, Dublin, Ireland
- National College of Art and Design, Dublin, Ireland
- Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
PASSPORT AND VISA REQUIREMENTS
If you do not have a PASSPORT: Please check http://travel.state.gov for the nearest local passport office and forms. Auburn Abroad recommends that you apply for a passport as soon as possible. If you already have a passport: Please check the expiration date. Passports should be valid for at least 6 months following your scheduled time abroad.
- U.S. Citizens do not need a visa for this program
- Non-U.S. Citizens should verify visa requirements
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Carlton Nell at email@example.com or Robert Finkel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the course website: http://www.auburn.edu/~heckdon/gdes4970.html