WHY STUDY IN BRISBANE?
Brisbane is a charming, multicultural city with a laid-back outdoor lifestyle suited for the tropics. It’s also Australia’s greenest city, and the region’s unique plants and animals are an attraction for many.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This program offers you access to over 120 of UQ’s student clubs and societies and amazing athletic facilities, all less than three miles from the center of dynamic Brisbane, Australia’s third largest city. UQ is a comprehensive research institution with over 40 specialist teaching and research centers, including Australia’s largest university marine research station on the Great Barrier Reef.
- Offers a great variety of subjects to study to meet your needs with more than 4,000 courses in 400 programs of study.
- Near the city center of Brisbane with excellent transportation and access to attractions like botanical gardens, museums and more.
- A member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight leading research universities
- More than 100 student clubs and societies provide you with numerous ways to engage with local students.
- Amazing athletic facilities at UQ Sport venues, including a 50-meter pool, an Olympic-standard track, tennis and squash courts, cardio and weights gyms, playing fields and sports medicine center; plus great rowing, biking and running along riverside paths.
- Nine globally-recognized research institutes and more than 100 specialist research centers, including Australia’s largest marine research station on the Great Barrier Reef.
Possible excursions include:
Multi-day orientation in Sydney with excursions to the Blue Mountains, Featherdale Wildlife Park, and a cruise on the Sydney Harbour; Moreton Island Adventure Weekend; Barefoot Bowls.
“I chose IFSA because I knew that they would give me a comprehensive introduction to Australia through our orientation and also the additional weekend trips! I learned so much about the culture and nature of Australia through our excursion to Lamington National Park, the Queensland Center of Performing Arts, and a kayak trip down the Brisbane River. Also, having an IFSA contact in Brisbane was so helpful when it came to small questions about life in the city, like how the bus schedule worked or where the best coffee shops were. I’m glad I chose IFSA and would do it the same all over again!” Lauren White | IFSA Queensland Alumna