Liberal Arts CCE Internships in
Buenos Aires, Argentina
The CCE Internships in Buenos Aires Program provides students the opportunity to study Spanish while taking courses in art history, economics, history, international relations, literature, politics, and sociology, all of which are taught in English. The four-month semester program is open to students of all language abilities. The program is hosted at Universidad Austral, a small, private university in the heart of Buenos Aires. Students will take courses with students from Argentina and around the world, participate in an internship, and there will be plenty of opportunities to make friends while on campus. The campus has a library, computer labs, and cafeteria. Located between San Telmo and Puerto Madero, students can easily travel to other parts of the city by metro and bus.
- Tuition and course fees for 12 to 18 credits
- Part-time internship placement
- Students live within commuting distance of the CAPA Buenos Aires Center in a homestay. Homestays include daily breakfast and dinner, and each student will have his or her own room.
- Pre-paid transportation pass that can be used on the metro or bus system
- Full-day excursion to an estancia including transportation by private coach, guided visit, and lunch
- Social events including arrival reception, mid-term dinner, and farewell ceremony
- CAPA International Program Services Support
- World Student Health Insurance for travel, accident and medical
This program has proven beneficial towards a variety of career paths! View the CAPA International Education blog for 10 career paths for Buenos Aires study abroad alumni. For more information visit the Auburn CLA-CCE Website.
Auburn University has partnered with CAPA International Education to provide this program. Check out the CAPA Study Abroad and Internships Experience video for an inside look at this international opportunity!
Fall Semester 2018
Dates Abroad: TBD July 23 - November 17
Spring Semester 2019
- 21 May 2018: First half of Program Fee due to Bursar
- After 21 May: Withdrawal less 25% penalty + $250
- 25 June 2018: Second half of Program Fee due to Bursar
- After 25 June: Withdrawal less 50% penalty + $250
- 30 June 2018: No refund after this date
Dates Abroad: February 27 - June 16
- 5 Nov 2018: First half of Program Fee due to Bursar
- 12 Nov 2018:Withdrawal less 25% penalty + $250
- 19 Nov 2018:Withdrawal less 50% penalty + $250
- 3 Dec 2018: Second half of Program Fee due to Bursar
- 10 Dec 2018: No refund after this date
Students may obtain approval to take courses that are not pre-approved. Refer to the list of courses on the Academics in Buenos Aires page, as well as the CourseListing.BuenosAires.pdf
, and contact the Auburn Faculty Director for current course offerings. Please note that this list does not guarantee exact credit equivalency until students complete the course approval form as part of their application.
PROGRAM COSTS AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
Program Cost: $14,450 per student for the semester. Students will also be charged the Auburn Abroad Fee of $677.
*Students will begin to be billed (through the Bursar) 70 days before the start of the program. This is regardless of the application status. Withdrawal from the program must occur before this date to not incur fees.*
- For information on scholarships available through the College of Liberal Arts, visit the CLA website.
- For information on scholarships available through CAPA, visit the CAPA website.
CAPA Cancellation Policy: Because of the nature of our study abroad program, we begin making payments for services on your behalf as soon as you enroll in one of our programs. We have established the following cancellation penalties outlines below in accordance with the penalties we would incur from our overseas partners should you cancel from a program. Please note that you may incur additional cancellation penalties from your Home Institution - and that the amounts outlined below only account for the penalties that you would incur on behalf of CAPA International Education:
- If you withdraw from a program between 70 days and 60 days before the start of the program, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: $250
- If you withdraw from a program between 59 days and 46 days before the start of the program, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: 25% of the program fees plus $250
- If you withdraw from a program between 45 days and 22 days before the start of the program, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: 50% of the program fees plus $250
- If you withdraw from a program from 21 days before the start of the program onward, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: 100% of the program fees"
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Stretching from middle of South America all the way down towards Antarctica, Argentina is as diverse as its landscape. The Andes Mountains are in the west with the beautiful ski town of San Carlos de Bariloche while the fertile Pampas or plains are in the east with the capital city of Buenos Aries. Argentina is the largest Spanish speaking country in the world and is a wonderful place to learn Spanish for those wanting to travel to South America. The culture of Argentina has a European flair in the cities and the rough and rugged style of self-reliance in the countryside. The food is also a mix of European and native cultures. Aside from dishes commonly seen in Europe, the native dishes include asado (Argentine Barbaque), locro (mixture of corn, beans, bacon, onion, and gourd) and dulce de leche (a caramel jam). Argentina is a wonderful alternative for traditional study abroads. For those wanting adventure with style, look no further than Argentina.
PASSPORT AND VISA REQUIREMENTS
If you do not have a PASSPORT: Please check www.travel.state.gov for the nearest local passport office and forms. Application for a United States passport should be made at least 120 days in advance of your departure date. Auburn Abroad recommends that you apply for a passport as soon as you know you are participating in the program. If you already have a passport: Please check the expiration date. Passports should be valid for at least 6 months following your scheduled time abroad.
- U.S. Citizens will need a visa for programs in Argentina over 90 days.
- Non-U.S. Citizens should verify visa requirements
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Dr. Giovanna Summerfield, Associate Dean for Educational Affairs
Office: 315A Tichenor Hall, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 334-844-2890