International Engineering Projects
in Bavaria, Germany
This six-week program in Schweinfurt, Bavaria, Germany, provides hands-on work experience combined with a unique cultural experience. Students will work in teams on a consulting project for a German business client. The project will be defined by the client and the student teams will prepare a written report and make a formal presentation to the client at the end of the program with their proposed solutions/advice and recommendations for the client.
The purpose of the program is to provide students with a real-life work experience solving real business problems through teamwork in an international setting. Students will also gain valuable experience working with students in different majors, as well as gain experience developing and making presentations and preparing and writing formal business reports.
- Students must be in good standing at Auburn University
- Students must have a minimum 2.25 institutional GPA
- Students must be Engineering majors
- 6 May 2019: Courses begin on Auburn Campus
- 31 May 2019: Depart USA for Germany
- 1 June 2019: Start date in Schweinfurt, Germany
- 10 July 2019: Return to USA
- 5 August 2019: Courses end on Auburn Campus
Students may select up to four classes (3-12 credits) from the course list below. Courses will be taught by Auburn faculty members in English. Students must take INSY 4970 which will be the course to manage the actual project work performed between the student teams and the partnership company.
The cost of the program will be $6,500. Program fees include Auburn coursework credit hours (3-12 credits), housing in Germany, excursions and entrance fees to selected sights, and emergency insurance.
Additional costs not included in the program fees include: airfare, meals, passport, optional tours and entrance fees to some sites, Auburn Abroad Fee ($677), and CoE Professional Fee ($700).
Payment and Withdrawal Dates
- The first half of program fees will be billed on 15 December 2018 and are due on 15 January 2019.
- The second half of program fees will be billed on 15 February 2019 and are due on 15 March 2019.
Students who withdraw after 15 January 2019 will forfeit half of the fees due. Students who withdraw after 15 March will forfeit all fees due without refund.
Students stay in a hotel in Schweinfurt with easy access to necessary amenities. Internet is included. Students will be on their own for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Located in the German state of Bavaria, Schweinfurt is a mid-size city offering a pleasant ambiance of historical sites, shopping, public parks, and comfortable residential areas. It's proximity to nearby locations like Wurzburg, Munich, and Stuttgart is an ideal living and learning environment for any engineering student. Learn more at the Schweinfurt city webpage.
- Walking Tour of Schweinfurt and Wurzburg
- A trip to Munich
- A trip to Prague (Czech Republic)
- Individual travel
PASSPORT AND VISA REQUIREMENTS
If you do not have a PASSPORT: Please check www.travel.state.gov for the nearest local passport office and forms. Auburn Abroad recommends that you apply for a passport as soon as possible. If you already have a passport: Please check the expiration date. Passports should be valid for at least 1 year following your scheduled time abroad.
- U.S. Citizens do not need a visa for this program.
- Non-U.S. Citizens should verify visa requirements.
FOR MORE INFORMATION