AU Liberal Arts - Exchange Program at
University of Toulon in France
The College of Liberal Arts has established an exchange program with University of Toulon in France. This location is ideal for students who want an in-depth French experience outside of the Parisian norm. The University of Toulon offers a hundred different degree programs and has a proud quality of its academic instruction. A university experience is not only about acquiring knowledge. That’s why the University of Toulon makes every effort to offer a vibrant and dynamic campus life, encouraging the initiatives of students.
Looking for a culturally enriching experience? Would you like to study abroad in a dynamic and sunny region in France? The University of Toulon offers international students a wide range of personalizedservices and social events. Start your adventure by applying to this fantastic program.
- Students must be in good academic standing
- Students must have a minimum 2.25 institutional GPA (3.0 for graduate students)
- All majors may apply for this program
- Application information can be found on the University of Toulon International Exchange Student website.
- 27 August 2018: Approximate date of student arrival and orientation
- 03 September 2018: Approximate date classes begin
- 21 December 2018: Approximate date classes and examinations end
- Late January 2019: Approximate date of student arrival and orientation
- Early February 2019: Approximate date classes begin
- Late June 2019: Date classes and examinations end
A variety of courses are offered at the University of Toulon in multiple subjects. French as a Foreign Lanuage courses is offered free of charge with an intensive week in September. Many courses are offered in English as well as French. Specifically, programs of Modern English, Tourism and Marketing, and Economics hold courses in English each semester. A list of classes taught in English can be found in the Handbook of Degree Programs, the Toulon Academic Catalog.pdf, as well as the academic information page of the University of Toulon website.
For this exchange program, students pay Auburn tuition and fees for a full time student equal to 12 hours for undergraduate students and 9 hours for graduate students (based on their residency status). Students will be enrolled in the Auburn Exchange Course (UNIV 3000/6000) while abroad to maintain their full-time student status. Auburn students will also pay for the AU International Emergency Travel Insurance and Administration Fee for the duration of their program.
Students will not pay tuition to the host institution but may pay other fees and are also responsible for their meals, books, housing, and airfare. For estimated expenses, download a copy of the Toulon.Budget.pdf
Rooms in the residence hall (CROUS) are provided on request by the International Office at the University of Toulon. This will allow students the chance to live with peers from France as well as other international students. During the application process, students will complete an accommodation request to secure housing. For more information, download the Toulon.Handbook for Incoming Students.pdf.
Located on the Mediterranean coast, about one hour from Marseiile by train, Toulon is the heart of the Var Region of France. This amazing destination is the perfect starting point to explore France and the rest of Europe. The French Riviera is famous for its glorious cuisine and welcoming culture. Visit the official Toulon Tourist Office website for more information about this amazing location.
Through the International Office at the University of Toulon, students will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities and excursions. Some examples include the integration weeks at Porquerolles Island in October and a ski resort in February. Examples of excursions all year round are Saint-Tropez, Cannes, Monaco, Grasse, and Marseille. There is also a buddy program sponsored by the International Office, which will help students integrate into the culture and lifestyle of South France.
PASSPORT AND VISA REQUIREMENTS
If you do not have a PASSPORT: Please check www.travel.state.gov for the nearest local passport office and forms. Auburn Abroad recommends that you apply for a passport as soon as possible. If you already have a passport: Please check the expiration date. Passports should be valid for at least 6 months following your scheduled time abroad.
- US Citizens with a valid passport traveling to France for short visits of 90 days or less do not need visas to enter France.
- US Citizens staying longer than 90 days will need to obtain a student visa (semester study will require a visa).
- Students must work directly with the French Consulate in Atlanta, GA to obtain visa and receive for more information regarding application process, forms, and appointment scheduling.
- Non-US Citizens must check on visa requirements for visits of any duration in France.
FOR MORE INFORMATION